The NHL season has finally arrived. It seems like only yesterday we watched the Penguins win Lord Stanleys mug. Here for your perusal, are my early season predictions. The wise will not travel to Vegas and wager their mortgage money or kids college funds based on my musings. Enjoy.
Frank Calder Trophy (rookie of the year):
1) Austin Matthews (Toronto) 2) Ivan Provorov (Philadelphia) 3) Dylan Strome (Arizona)
James Norris Trophy (top defenceman):
1) PK Subban (Nashville) 2) Drew Doughty (Los Angeles) 3) Erik Karlsson (Ottawa)
William M Jennings Trophy (team with best gaa) :
1)Anaheim Ducks 2) Los Angeles Kings 3) Washington Capitals
George Vezina Trophy (best goalie):
1) Braydon Holtby (Washington) 2) Carey Price (Montreal) 3) Jonathan Quick (Los Angeles)
Art Ross Trophy (leading scorer):
1) Patrick Kane (Chicago) 2) Conner McDavid (Edmonton) 3) Jamie Benn (Dallas)
(Dr David) Hart Memorial Trophy (most valuable player)
1) Conner McDavid 2) Patrick Kane (Chicago) 3) Carey Price (Montreal)
Stanley Cup (playoff champion) :
Tampa Bay Lightning runners up : (San Jose Sharks)
Conn Smythe Trophy (playoffs mvp) :
Steven Stamkos (Tampa Bay) runnerup : Joe Pavelski (San Jose)
These are my fearless predictions. I will update my choices at the midway point of the season. Puck drop is almost here, time to play some hockey!!
That is how I see it, from the bleacher seats.
Enjoy the season everyone, should be a fun ride.